Partner, Marine Engineer
based in London
Direct Tel: +44 7775 715848
Office Tel: +44 208 300 0190
Qualifications: BEng (Hons), IEng, IMarEng MIMarEST
Chris Dyson has been with Brookes Bell Group since 1998. In 2003 he entered into partnership, and he continues to provide specialist advice as a Marine Engineer.
Before joining the Brookes Bell team Chris served at sea for thirteen years on vessels including -
- LPG and LNG carriers
- Crude and product tankers
- Large diesel electric passenger vessels
Rising to the rank of Second Engineer Chris’ expertise includes in depth knowledge of -
- Slow speed engines
- Medium speed diesel
- Diesel electric propulsion
- Steam turbines
Providing global support for litigation and arbitration
As a respected expert witness Chris has supported international shipping by providing evidence in court and at hearings on both sides of the Atlantic, including -
- USA - including in person under deposition
Surveying and providing reports with expert analysis, Chris Dyson offers a comprehensive service that includes inspection and technical analysis of -
- Passenger cruise ships and ro-ro vessels
- General cargo vessels
- Bulk carriers
- Container ships
- Refrigerated and cargo vessels
- Various small craft
A knowledgeable and experienced Marine Engineer
The diverse survey work Chris Dyson’s undertakes helps him understand the broader impact of any particular incident. His range of investigations offer insight into –
- Machinery performance and failings – including cranes
- MARPOL regulations and compliance
- New building – including pre-purchase inspections
- Fuel quality issues
- Major structural damage, including flooding
- Grounding, fire and technical management – including reasons and responsibility for incidents
Investigating marine incidents that include fatalities, Chris’ reports include complex analysis of concepts linked to –
- Fluid mechanics
- Statics and dynamics
- Strength of materials and thermodynamics
- BEng (Honours) Maritime Technology.
- First Class Combined Certificate of Competency (Steam and Motor).
- Dangerous Cargo Endorsements for Petroleum and Liquefied Gases.
Professional Status and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Incorporated Engineer.
- Member of The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.