based in Liverpool
Direct Tel: +44 7770 440345
Office Tel: +44 151 236 0083
Qualifications: BSc (Hons), DMS, FCMI
Colin Kershaw joined Brookes Bell in 1990 after having worked for 15 years in the port of Liverpool, rising through the ranks to Assistant Marine Operations Manager for the Mersey Docks and Harbour Company.
In 2002 Colin was made a Partner at Brookes Bell, and in 2010 was appointed Managing Partner of the Group.
An expert financial planner and manager
Responsible for the recent expansion of Brookes Bell, Colin planned and executed the Group’s strategy for growth and acquisition.
Providing structure and guidance, Colin’s responsibility as the head of the Group includes overseeing -
- Brookes Bell Management Group – as Chairman
- 115 personnel worldwide
- Seven international offices – combining UK and Asia operations
Rising to the challenges of expansion, Colin created a business model that hands heads of departments increased operational responsibility and accountability to partners.
Combining shipping and management experience
Working in shipping throughout his career, Colin Kershaw has a rich blend of skills and experience that guarantee the success of Brookes Bell.
With hands on experience of managing maritime operations, Colin can point to experience in -
- A & M
- Business planning
- Premises management
- Implementing change
Colin attends Mersey Maritime events in his capacity as Managing Partner of the Group and as a founding member.
Well known and respected throughout the industry, Colin has been asked to speak at Liverpool Marine Engineers & Naval Architects Guild events several times.
- Diploma in Management Studies
- B.Sc (Hons) Psychology
Professional Status and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute
- Committee Member of the Liverpool Propeller Club
- Member of Rotary International and Past President of Liverpool City Rotary Club
- Referee in the Liverpool and District Rugby Referees Society since 1988
- President 2016-2018 of the Liverpool and District Rugby Referees Society