Managing Fuel Chemist
David Moore is a Fuel Chemist with 30+ years’ experience in petroleum product testing and fuels blending. He has extensive experience in laboratory management, ISO 17025 Quality Management Systems, test methods and analytical techniques. Experienced in laboratory design and build for fuels testing.
David has a broad knowledge of fuel specifications, formulations and blending to achieve specific fuels performance criteria including bespoke and high performance fuels. He is experienced in investigating fuel quality incidents with a sound understanding of refining processes. David joined Brookes Bell in 2014.
- Higher Education, University of East London - HNC Chemistry
Previous Employment History
- Analysis and Formulations Manager - Coryton Advanced Fuels, Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex
- Petroplus/BP/Mobil Oil Company - Coryton Refinery, Essex
- Laboratory Manager - Coryton Refinery
Surveying and Consultancy Experience
- Investigation of quality disputes involving bunker fuel and petroleum, LPG and chemical cargoes
- Arranging and participating in 'joint' analysis investigations
- Preparing letters and reports advising clients on quality disputes and outcomes of 'joint' analysis investigations
- Arranging and attending 'joint' sampling exercises on board ships
- Leading a team of technicians and blend formulators.
- Expansion of analytical capabilities
- Planning, design, build and fit-out of a new lab and office facility
- Developed ISO17025 Quality Management System