The transportation of coal and other solid fuel cargoes can be a challenging and complex job, with many safety issues to account for.
Solid fuel cargoes such as coal are also often subject to claims and quality disputes.
But, with Brookes Bell’s support, you can make solid fuel cargo transportation easier and safer, with a reduced likelihood of claims and disputes.
Our cargo scientists can give swift, practical advice and assistance during all stages of the transportation process or provide exceptional surveying and analysis services should you encounter an issue with your solid fuel cargo.
Pre and during loading:
- Assessing the liquefaction potential of the solid fuel cargo
- Appropriate sampling for quality and safety issues
- Relevant IMSBC code requirements for all applicable hazards
During the voyage:
- Gas and temperature monitoring
- Advising on combustion and explosion hazard management
- Effective guidance and practical steps to decrease risks of hazard and damage
- 24/7 coverage for the vessel’s hazard management
During and following offloading:
- Securing safe offloading conditions
- Advising on effective and judicious firefighting
- Mitigating damage and reducing claim magnitude
- Sampling and assessment for quality issues
- Analysis and report writing for spoilt cargoes or cargo issues
To find out more about Brookes Bell’s solid fuel cargo consultancy services, contact us now.