Brookes Bell collision and grounding investigation and management capabilities
At Brookes Bell, we possess extensive in-house capabilities for casualty management and investigation, including:
- Vessel modelling
- Stability/strength assessment
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) cargo consideration
- On-site project control
- Expertise in modern navigation techniques including Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS)
- Experts in how the mariner applies the Collision Regulations (COLREGS)
- AIS/VDR/MADAS playback tools
AIS, VDR & MADAS playback tools
It’s said that hindsight is 20/20. And, whilst hindsight isn’t necessarily as good as foresight, it can still help you to understand how and why an event occurred and help you prevent it from happening again in the future.
At Brookes Bell, we use our own in-house proprietary software alongside industry leading software which enables us to accurately reconstruct, playback and analyse events at sea or in port.
These tools include:
- BBSIM Software
- Automatic Identification System (AIS) Reconstruction
- Voyage Data Recorder (VDR)
- Marine Accident Data Analysis Suite (MADAS)
- Access to Tidal, Currents and Weather Data
Together, these playback tools allow us to undertake a variety of analyses, including:
- Graphically visualising multiple ships simultaneously on custom backgrounds, or official nautical charts
- Animating data in real time, or at varying pre-defined playback speeds
- Full user interactive manipulation, with dynamic zooming/panning and standard media player-style controls
These tools can also incorporate additional information to see how each vessel was interacting, such as weather conditions, navigation light viewing angles, radar and visible ranges for each vessel.
Additionally, we are able to offer various options for exporting the final animations or still images from the tools, making it very easy to use them in submitted documentation.