Under the provisions of Marpol Annex 2, the carriage and transportation of liquid chemicals, vegetable oils and other related products is a highly-specialised business.
If you want to ensure you transport these products safely and compliantly, then it’s vital you are suitably advised prior to undertaking transportation.
Brookes Bell can provide you with that advice.
Our experienced chemical tanker master mariners and highly-experienced chemists can provide you with advice regarding all of the issues and challenges that can arise in the transportation of these products.
Brookes Bell has advised on Marpol Annex 2 issues and challenges, including:
- Cargo contamination claims
- Contamination investigations
- The development of analytical protocols/strategies for forensic-type analysis
- The provision of witnessed analysis in laboratories
- Off-specification cargo investigation and reclamation
- Quality, quantity and condition disputes
- Charter party disputes
- Tank coatings condition and stability
- Specialist tank cleaning advice
- Advice on wall-wash procedures and results
- Composition and quality of vegetable oils, fats and other natural products (e.g. molasses)
- Extensive expert witness experience in mediation, arbitration and court hearings
Chemical cargo experience
In addition to tackling the myriad challenges outlined above, our team also possesses extensive experience dealing with a huge range of chemical cargoes, including:
- IsoPropyl alcohol (IPA)
- Vinyl acetate monomer (VAM)
- Mono ethylene glycol (MEG)
- Styrene monomer
- Ethyl acetate
- Caustic soda
- Phosphoric acid
- Linear alkyl benzene (LAB)
- Hexamethylenediamine (HMD)
- Acetic acid
Have you got an issue or challenge related to a Marpol Annex 2 cargo? Then speak to Brookes Bell about resolving it today.