When a metal component or asset has failed on your vessel or offshore or onshore structure, then speak to Brookes Bell.
Our metallurgists are experts in failure investigation, including securing and documenting samples and with the state-of-the-art facility at The Lab, we can conduct forensic examination and analysis to determine the cause of failure.
Our marine failure investigation expertise includes:
- Damaged steel components, the identification of mechanical wear, fracture analysis and failure mechanisms
- The failure of major items of vessels’ structure and equipment, such as:
- Rudder horns
- Rudder stocks
- Hull structure
- Wire rope failures; crane wires, lashing wires
- Bearing failures; including slewing bearings
- Engine water jackets
- Corrosion water damage to stainless-steel cargo tanks and other products within chemical product tankers, including damage caused by phosphoric acid cargoes
- Corrosion damage to carbon steel cargo holds within bulk carriers, including damage caused by sulphur cargoes
You don’t just have to wait until a failure has occurred to draw upon Brookes Bell’s failure investigation expertise either.
Whether you need further information on handling metals and manufacturing processes, or you’re in a dispute over construction quality, our team of metallurgists can help.
Discover more about our marine failure investigation services today. Contact us now for a confidential, no-obligation conversation.