NDT Engineering Technician
(PCN Level 2, ISO 9712)
Graeme Kirby is an Engineering Technician (PCN Level 2, ISO 9712) specialising in Non-Destructive Testing. Graeme has worked in the Heavy Industry Sector for 15 years, with a wealth of experience in the field of Oil Gas, Energy, Rail Integrity Inspection and Material Analysis.
Graeme joined Brookes Bell in 2019 and has spent many years offering expert technical support and advice to OEM’s, industry Owners and Operators, he has worked on outage campaigns and shutdowns across Europe. His work throughout his career has entailed providing pre and in-service inspection for PMI and optical emission spectroscopy, material hardness and feritscope. Whilst performing regular non-intrusive radiographic inspections and ultrasonic testing of production plant and infrastructure.
- BTEC GNVQ Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Level III
- PCN Level II Ultrasonic Testing – Welds, Castings, Forgings (3.1, 3.2, 3.8 and 3.9)
- PCN Level II Eddy Current Inspection
- PCN Magnetic Particle Inspection Level II - Welds, Castings, Forgings
- PCN DPI (Dye Penetrant Inspection) Level II
- Offshore Survival BOSIET
- Safety Passport PCN number 301232
- Member of The British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing
Previous Employment History
- Lundy Projects ltd UK - NDT Technician (UT/MPI/DPI)
Working for a Fabrication and Manufacturing and inspection involving work both on site, in workshops and all over the country as part of a well organised large team of inspectors I am required to work both on my own and as part of a group depending on the contract. Contracts have included rail structural steel and industrial fabrication inspection, ultrasonic weld inspection and MPI/DPI inspection
- British Engineering Services - NDT Technician (Radiography/UT/MPI/DPI)
Company based in Salford involving work both on site, in workshops and all over the country as per client requirements. Currently using all 4 NDT inspection qualifications and PMI techniques over a wide range of products. As part of a well organised large team of inspectors I am required to work both on my own and as part of a group depending on the contract. Contracts have included gas pipeline, structural steel and industrial fabrication inspection Nuclear fabrication, ultrasonic weld inspection and MPI/DPI inspection.
- Applus RTD/Mactech - NDT Technician (Radiography/UT)
Working on various sites across Belgium including Total, Antwerp and BRC, Antwerp. I was responsible for carrying out MPI, DPI, radiography and UT weld inspection on various oil refineries, oil storage facilities and chemical factories. I was required to assist in TOFD inspection of pipe work and also gained some experience in eddy current of exchangers. I worked as part of a large team for Applus, Kapellen and was required to work with both English workers and also local Belgium and Dutch workers. This required excellent teamwork and communication skills.
NDT Surveying and Consultancy Experience
- Offshore Based Inspection wall thickness (corrosion monitoring)
- Shear wave pipe weld inspection
- MPI inspection
- Eddy Current inspection
- Structural surveys
- Drop surveys
- Derrick inspection
- Visual inspections
- PEC inspection
- RAD assist