Zhong Lin is a Marine Engineer with a First-Class Certificate of Competency (Motor) and a bachelor’s degree in marine engineering management.
Zhong served at sea for various shipping companies over a period of 16 years. He has experience on tankers, bulk carriers and container ships, and has sailed in positions up to and including Chief Engineer. During his time at sea he gained considerable experience of the management, operation and maintenance of various marine equipment/machinery, including two-stroke and four-stroke diesel engines. He is also experienced in the handling of tanker equipment and machinery, such as inert gas systems, steam turbines and cargo handling systems.
In addition, Zhong worked as an ABS class surveyor for 5 years, mainly conducting surveys for new buildings, including OSVs, MOUs and bulk carriers. He has also attended for vendor surveys, testing and commissioning work, damage surveys and periodical surveys of ships in service.
Zhong has also worked as a project engineer for 2 AHTSs of 150 TBP with DPS-2 and hybrid propulsion systems. He has also experience as a machinery supervisor for LNG carriers with dual fuel engines.
Prior to joining Brookes Bell in 2019, Zhong served as a superintendent for a Singapore shipping company who invested in and operated offshore support vessels. This provided additional experience in the development of new projects, vessel design and management of new buildings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marine Engineering Management
Professional Certifications and Qualifications
- Class One Certificate of Competency (Unlimited Motor)
- Welding Inspection for the Marine Surveyor
- Non-destructive Testing for the Marine Surveyor
- PSPC for the Marine Surveyor (Coating Inspection)
Previous Employment History
- Superintendent - offshore support vessels
- Machinery Supervisor - newbuild projects, LNG carriers
- Project Engineer - AHTS
- Surveyor - new construction, offshore support vessels, bulk carriers
- Pacific Carriers Ltd. - Chief Engineer
- Wah Kong Maritime Transport Holdings Ltd. - 2nd Engineer and Chief Engineer
- China Shipping Corp. - various positions up to 2nd Engineer
Surveying and Consultancy Experience
Types of Main and Auxiliary Engines
- MAN B&W